Wednesday 18 April 2012

Q&A

A little look inside the minds of some of The Seen and the Unseen's photographers! -Part 1

Who or what is your inspiration as a photographer?

Chris: I always find myself looking to the people closest to me for inspiration; that way, I feel an increased connection to the work I make. Because of this approach, I can always look back and suddenly remember why I took a particular photograph - and it's that nostalgic feeling I enjoy so much.

Lucie: My inspiration comes from two contrasting places, the everyday and the idea of an imaginary world. I always find inspiration from style magazines such as POP and i-D and photographers including Paolo Roversi, Saga Sig and fashion designers, especially Alexander McQueen

Jess: Warhol's screen tests, the typology in a Jean-Luc Godard movie, vintage Playboy, Dorothea Tanning's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, my parents love letters, documentaries that make you shiver, a man who listens to Joni Mitchell, the composition of a Mondrian, people watching, bookshops, Bob Dylan, and the way you decorate your bedroom. ...

Renata: My old time photography heroes will always be Irving Pen, Helmut Newton, Herb Rits, Sarah Moon… the list goes on. There are too many amazing photographers to be inspired just by one. I also really like go to the museums and galleries, gigs, artist talks (everything that’s creative). It doesn't promise me inspiration but it nourishes your creative soul, and that’s good.

Nathalie: My inspiration comes from everyday life and everything it throws at you. The rainy days i spend cuddled up in bed, the sunny days when the warmth touches my skin, all the beautiful people in my life, conversations, love, cupcakes, and the music that fills my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment